Monday, August 27, 2018

Interview with Mart Grams, author of The Failed Experiment





Title: The Failed Experiment
Author: Mart Grams
Publisher: XLibrisUS
Genre: Social Science/Ethnic Studies
Format: Ebook


When the American government was founded, the Founders and Framers assumed a government “of the people, by the people, and for the people.” That government is dying. It is under the authority of not “we, the people” but rather a small elite that is trying to snuff out the great experiment of man ruling himself, the common man, the man that within the right system of government can attain his purpose to achieve happiness. Were the Framers wrong? Were the ideas of Alexander Hamilton right? Is man incapable of self-rule? Does he need to be taken care of, watched, manipulated? No! It is not a failed experiment! It is time to retake that government.


PURCHASE HERE

INTERVIEW:

Do you have any suggestions for upcoming writers?

Passion, love your subject as a lover, know it, think about in in the shower, while cutting the grass. Don’t give up. With today’s technology, anyone can publish their own newspaper. Be sincere, be truthful, be consistent. 

What is it you like to do when you are not reading/writing?

After I retired, I became the groundskeeper at the county historical park. Want to clear your mind, prune roses; you don’t concentrate, you’ll bleed to death. I collect both music and stamps, both of which keep me centered on the minutiae of them, so I don’t sweat the small problems of life.

Is there an author/authors that have inspired you?

I have three authors I own everything they’ve written: Ayn Rand, Maya Angelou, and Joseph Campbell

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A farmer/teacher. I love caring for animals and plants, but I knew it’s a tough job to earn an income at. But, talking to kids, is pretty close to caring and tending to animals and crops. 

How do you/would you react to a bad review of your book?

First thing I’d say, “Did you actually read it?” Then after burring the review in a ritual sacrifice, I’d read reviewer’s other reviews to see if it’s just a fetish to give bad reviews. Finally, I’d actually read it to see what and why. 





Married, two sons, had to endure sons to get granddaughters, 30 years of teaching in northern Wisconsin. Written three previous books: The Great Experiment, Economics for the Remnant, Words My Grandfather Gave Me, a fanatic of the American Dream, lives in small town with his wife Linda and their two cats, Miss Bailey and Stumpy.



No comments:

Post a Comment